Pregnancy Chiropractic Care Faq
If you're looking forward to a blessed event in a few month's time, you're probably less enthusiastic about the physical complaints you expect to suffer during those months -- which is why you're looking into safe, natural options such as chiropractic treatment. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about pregnancy chiropractic care at Proctor Chiropractic.
- Why should I seek chiropractic care during my pregnancy? Pregnancy creates many changes in a woman's body over the nine months of fetal development. Weight gain in the abdomen, coupled with a loosening of pelvic ligaments, can cause alignment changes, spinal instability, and possible pinched nerves. These changes can contribute to neck pain, back pain, headaches, nausea, and swelling/tingling/numbness in the extremities.
- Is chiropractic care safe during pregnancy? Chiropractic care is completely safe during pregnancy when it is administered by a skilled, experienced practitioner. Each chiropractor on our Tacoma team knows how to accommodate the musculoskeletal changes of pregnancy as safely and comfortably as possible. Our adjustable treatment table makes for easier adjustment sessions during pregnancy.
- How does pregnancy chiropractic care improve my health and comfort? By correcting spinal alignment problems that occur as your weight distribution shifts, we can reduce joint pain and stiffness. These corrections can also take stress off of muscles and relieve the nerve pressure that may interfere with other physical functions and balances. As a result, you may experience less back pain, neck pain, headaches and other discomforts. You may also experience less stress, another factor in pregnancy-related discomfort.
- Can pregnancy chiropractic care serve as an alternative to medications? If you're worried about taking medications during your pregnancy, pregnancy chiropractic care can make a wonderfully safe alternative to pain relievers and other drugs.
- How does pregnancy chiropractic care help my unborn child? By supporting your health through pregnancy chiropractic care, it follows that we're helping to support your unborn child's health as well. Chiropractic adjustments to the mother's pelvis can be especially helpful when it's time for the fetus to change position in the womb, facilitating a normal, head-first delivery that benefits mother and child alike.
- Can my baby receive chiropractic care as well? Babies can benefit greatly from gentle chiropractic adjustments. Even a newborn may develop a spinal misalignment during delivery -- and the sooner we correct these problems, the easier it is for your child to experience normal growth and development.
- How can I make an appointment to see the chiropractors at Proctor Chiropractic? If you're ready to schedule that first pregnancy chiropractic session at Proctor Chiropractic, simply call 253-756-7500 or schedule an appointment through our website.
Your Tacoma Chiropractor Is Ready to Help You Enjoy a Healthier Pregnancy
Now that you know more about the value, safety, and benefits of pregnancy chiropractic care, put that knowledge to good use by calling Proctor Chiropractic today at 253-756-7500 Your Tacoma chiropractor at our clinic looks forward to helping you enjoy a healthier, happier pregnancy!