Neck Pain Faqs
Neck Pain FAQs and Treatment in Tacoma
Neck pain is a common problem among adults in the United States. Understanding the causes of neck pain and knowing what your chiropractor can do to alleviate your neck pain can help you feel better and prevent future neck pain from occurring.
What are common causes of neck pain?
The most common causes of neck pain include:
- Personal injury. Personal injuries like slips and falls can result in neck injury and neck pain.
- Sports injury. Sports injuries like sprains and strains can cause stiff muscles, neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain and more.
- Ergonomic trouble. Sitting in a poorly designed chair or sleeping on a bad mattress can cause a variety of muscle aches and pains, including neck pain.
- Poor posture. People who slouch may put extra strain on their spine, resulting in injuries that cause pain in the neck, shoulders and back.
- Text neck. Text neck is a condition that occurs when the patient leans forward over a mobile device, causing neck pain, headache and other problems.
How can chiropractic care alleviate neck pain?
Your chiropractor can alleviate your neck pain with a technique called spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that the chiropractor uses to restore alignment to the spine and balance to the body. By administering spinal adjustment, the chiropractor helps eliminate subluxations and take pressure off the joints and muscles. Spinal adjustment also helps restore good communication between the brain and the rest of the body, which can help your body heal after an injury occurs.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care to treat neck pain?
Chiropractic care is all natural and non-invasive. Chiropractors don't prescribe any medications and they never use surgery to treat your conditions.
Aside from spinal adjustment, what are the common methods that a chiropractor would use to treat neck pain?
In addition to spinal adjustment, your chiropractor may use techniques such as:
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercise can help keep your muscles loose and flexible, and can also help you maintain muscle strength. Doing stretches and exercise on a regular basis can help prevent injury that might cause neck injuries.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that chiropractors use to improve circulation and loosen tight muscles, which can help patients feel better after an injury occurs.
- Lifestyle adjustment. Adjusting your lifestyle and daily habits can help you avoid injuries and neck pain in the future.
Can neck pain be a sign of whiplash?
Yes, whiplash is a condition that can cause neck pain. Other symptoms of whiplash include muscle stiffness, insomnia, blurred vision, irritability and limited range of motion. If you believe that you have whiplash, contact your chiropractor in Tacoma WA.
Where can patients go for treatment of neck pain in Tacoma WA?
If you're suffering from neck pain in Tacoma WA, Proctor Chiropractic can help. As your chiropractor in Tacoma, we offer all natural neck pain treatment. Call us today at 253-756-7500.